Guest Editor guidelines
Proposals for guest edited themed issues should focus on a unique subject area in line with the mission of the journal. An initial expression of interest should be discussed with the Editor in Chief. A full proposal should include a title, an expanded synopsis, a list of contributions with titles, abstracts with up to 10 accompanying keywords and authors’ bios (up to 80 words). All contributions must be previously unpublished, in print or online, and must be of the highest quality. The proposal will be presented for consideration to the Editorial Board. We will inform the Guest Editor(s) if the proposal is accepted for publication or if we would wish to reconsider it after the Guest Editor(s) take into account the comments of the Editorial Board.
Once your request to guest edit is accepted, you will be responsible for:
- managing the peer review process: all articles must be peer reviewed by the guest editor(s) and an independent reviewer;
- communicating with authors regarding revisions;
- editing texts and references as per our Author Guidelines;
- confirming the order of the articles in the table of contents;
- writing the editors’ note at the beginning of each guest edited themed issue;
- sending us abstracts for each contribution, images (with captions) and authors’ bios;
- ensuring all materials submitted with each contribution are copyright clear and sending us all necessary permissions;
- the selection of the image for the cover should be discussed with the Editor in Chief;
- communicating with us about your progress;
- promoting the themed issue.
We will be responsible for:
- the final approval of contributions for publication;
- web production of the guest edited themed issue;
- the final text edits;
- sharing with you the proofs of all contributions for final comments and corrections.