Editorial board service
The RHA Editorial Board is made up of a diverse range of established and distinguished scholars, researchers and experts around Portugal, representing a variety of disciplines from a broader field of art history and related arts and humanities disciplines, and ranging across several centuries of history. The members of the board are appointed for limited terms (3 years), which can only be renewed once.
The RHA Editorial Board is composed by IHA integrated researchers individually nominated to represent each IHA research group by a democratic vote of their members; and by invited members around Portugal who are well respected in the international research community and who have been selected via a majority vote from the Editorial Board Members, the Editor in Chief and the Associate Editor.
The Editorial Board team meets regularly and works closely with the Editor in Chief and the Associate Editor to:
- advise on and review editorial policies
- actively participate in the journal’s development and future direction
- review papers submitted for consideration
- contribute to the peer-review process
- suggest topics for themed issues
- promote the journal within key communities
- support attracting high-quality contributions
- maintain the ethical standards of the journal and the transparency of its procedures.